You are watching: Which option correctly describes a switching method?
Adding a move to a network will boost the dimension of the transfer domain. Adding a router to a network will increase the size of the collision domain.The more interfaces a router has actually the bigger the resulting transfer domain.
Explanation: A switch that receives a broadcast framework will forward the structure out all other interfaces, including interfaces that attach to other switches. This switches will likewise perform the exact same forwarding action. By adding an ext switches come the network, the dimension of the broadcast domain increases.
2. What is one role of a great 2 switch?forwards data based on logical addressingdetermines which interface is used to front a frame based on the destination MAC deal with duplicates the electric signal of each structure to every portlearns the harbor assigned to a hold by evaluating the location MAC address
Explanation: A move builds a MAC deal with table the MAC addresses and associated harbor numbers by analyzing the source MAC address found in inbound frames. To front a framework onward, the switch examines the destination MAC address, looks in the MAC resolve for a harbor number linked with that destination MAC address, and also sends it to the details port. If the destination MAC address is not in the table, the move forwards the framework out every ports except the inbound port the originated the frame.
3. What is the significant difference between a hub and also a great 2 LAN switch?A hub divides collision domains, and also a move divides transfer domains.Each port of a hub is a collision domain, and also each port of a switch is a broadcast domain.A move creates plenty of smaller collision domains, and also a hub rises the size of a solitary collision domain. A hub forwards frames, and a switch forwards only packets.
Explanation: Hubs operate just at the physics layer, forwarding bits as wire signals out all ports, and extend the collision domain of a network. Switches forward frames at the data connect layer and also each switch harbor is a different collision domain, and also thus more, yet smaller, collision domain names are created. Switches carry out not regulate broadcast domains due to the fact that broadcast frames are constantly forwarded the end all energetic ports.
4. What will certainly a Cisco LAN switch do if that receives an just arrive frame and the location MAC deal with is not listed in the MAC resolve table?Send the framework to the default gateway address.Use ARP to fix the port that is concerned the frame.Drop the frame.Forward the structure out all ports other than the port wherein the structure is received.
Explanation: A LAN switch populates the MAC resolve table based on resource MAC addresses. When a switch receives an incoming frame with a destination MAC resolve that is not noted in the MAC attend to table, the switch forwards the frame out every ports except for the ingress port of the frame. Once the destination machine responds, the switch adds the resource MAC resolve and the port on which the was obtained to the MAC resolve table.
5. Which move characteristic helps reduce network congestion as soon as a 10 Gbps harbor is forwarding data come a 1 Gbps port?high harbor densityfast harbor speedfast interior switchingframe buffering
Explanation: The large frame buffers ~ above a switch host the ingress traffic until such time the the slow egress port have the right to transmit the data. This to reduce the number of dropped frames and also alleviates network congestion.
6. I m sorry switching method makes usage of the FCS value?broadcastlarge framework bufferstore-and-forwardcut-through
Explanation: The store-and-forward method performs error check on the frame using the frame-check succession (FCS) value before sending the frame. The FCS worth is the last field in the frame.
7. What walk the hatchet “port density” represent for one Ethernet switch?the memory space that is allocated to each switch portthe variety of available harbor the speed of every portthe numbers of hosts that are associated to every switch port
Explanation: The term port density represents the number of ports available in a switch. A one rack unit access switch can have as much as 48 ports. Bigger switches may support hundreds of ports.
8. Which information does a switch use to store the MAC attend to table info current?the resource MAC address and the incoming harbor the resource and destination MAC addresses and also the just arrive portthe resource and location MAC addresses and also the outgoing portthe destination MAC deal with and the just arrive portthe source MAC address and the outgoing portthe destination MAC deal with and the outgoing port
Explanation: To preserve the MAC deal with table, the switch uses the resource MAC address of the just arrived packets and the port the the packets enter. The destination attend to is used to choose the outgoing port.
9. Which two statements space true around half-duplex and full-duplex communications? (Choose two.)Half duplex has only one channel.Full duplex rises the efficient bandwidth. Full duplex enables both ends to transmit and also receive simultaneously. Full duplex uses 100 percent potential usage of the bandwidth.All modern NICS assistance both half-duplex and full-duplex communication.
Explanation: Full-duplex communication enables both ends to transmit and also receive simultaneously, supplying 100 percent effectiveness in both directions because that a 200 percent potential usage of stated bandwidth. Half-duplex communication is unidirectional, or one direction in ~ a time. Gigabit Ethernet and also 10 Gb/s NICs require complete duplex to operate, and also do not support half-duplex operation.
10. Which kind of address does a switch use to build the MAC attend to table?source IP addresssource MAC deal with destination MAC addressdestination IP address
Explanation: once a switch receives a framework with a source MAC resolve that is not in the MAC attend to table, the switch will add that MAC resolve to the table and also map that resolve to a certain port. Switches carry out not use IP addressing in the MAC address table.
11. Which alternative correctly defines a switching method?cut-through: makes a forwarding decision after receiving the entire framecut-through: gives the versatility to support any mix that Ethernet speedsstore-and-forward: forwards the frame immediately after evaluating its destination MAC addressstore-and-forward: ensures that the frame is cost-free of physical and also data-link errors
Explanation: Store-and-forward switching performs an error examine on an incoming structure after receiving the entire frame ~ above the ingress port. Switches which usage this technique have the versatility to support any type of mix of Ethernet speeds. The cut-through method begins the forwarding procedure after the location MAC deal with of one incoming frame is looked up and also the egress port has actually been determined.
12. Which network machine can serve as a border to division a class 2 transfer domain?router Ethernet hubaccess pointEthernet bridge
Explanation: layer 1 and 2 tools (LAN switch and also Ethernet hub) and accessibility point devices do not filter MAC transfer frames. Just a class 3 device, such as a router, deserve to divide a layer 2 broadcast domain.
13. What is the objective of framework buffers top top a switch?They execute checksum values before transmission.They provide temporary warehouse of the structure checksum.They host traffic, thus alleviating network congestion. They provide a simple security scan on got frames.
Explanation: Switches have huge frame buffers that permit data waiting to it is in transmitted to be stored so the data will not be dropped. This feature is advantageous especially if the incoming web traffic is from a much faster port than the egress port provided for transmitting.
See more: What Is The Marketing Objective For The Decline Stage Of The Product Life Cycle?
14. Which network machine can be provided to get rid of collisions on an Ethernet network?hubfirewallswitch router
Explanation: A switch provides microsegmentation so the no other machine competes for the exact same Ethernet network bandwidth.
|System check Exam|
|Modules 1 – 3: basic Network Connectivity and also Communications exam Answers|
|Modules 4 – 7: Ethernet principles Exam Answers|
|Modules 8 – 10: Communicating between Networks test Answers|
|Modules 11 – 13: IP Addressing exam Answers|
|Modules 14 – 15: Network Application communications Exam Answers|
|Modules 16 – 17: Building and Securing a small Network exam Answers|
|ITNv7 Practice last Exam|
|CCNA 1 v7 last Exam Answers|
|System test Exam|
|Modules 1 – 4: convert Concepts, VLANs, and InterVLAN Routing exam Answers|
|Modules 5 – 6: redundant Networks test Answers|
|Modules 7 – 9: available and trusted Networks exam Answers|
|Modules 10 – 13: L2 Security and WLANs exam Answers|
|Modules 14 – 16: Routing Concepts and also Configuration exam Answers|
|SRWEv7 Practice final Exam|
|CCNA 2 v7 last Exam Answers|
|System test Exam|
|Modules 1 – 2: OSPF Concepts and Configuration exam Answers|
|Modules 3 – 5: Network security Exam Answers|
|Modules 6 – 8: WAN concepts Exam Answers|
|Modules 9 – 12: Optimize, Monitor, and also Troubleshoot Networks exam Answers|
|Modules 13 – 14: emerging Network technologies Exam Answers|
|ENSAv7 Practice final Exam|
|CCNA 3 v7 last Exam Answers|
|CCNA Certification practice Exam|