1. What additional information is contained in the 12-bit extended system identifier of a BPDU?
MAC addressVLAN ID*IP addressport ID
2. During the implementation of extending Tree Protocol, all switches room rebooted through the network administrator. What is the an initial step of the spanning-tree choice process?
Each switch with a reduced root ID than its neighbor will not send BPDUs.
You are watching: What are two advantages of using lacp?
All the switches send the end BPDUs proclaiming themselves together the source bridge.*Each move determines the finest path to forward traffic.Each switch determines what harbor to block to stop a loop native occurring.
3. I beg your pardon STP port duty is embraced by a switch harbor if there is no other port through a lower expense to the source bridge?
designated portroot port*alternatedisabled port
4. I m sorry two ideas relate to a move port that is plan to have actually only end tools attached and also intended never to be supplied to connect to an additional switch? (Choose two.)
bridge IDedge port*extended mechanism IDPortFast*PVST+
5. Which three components are combined to kind a bridge ID?
extended system ID*costIP addressbridge priority*MAC address*port ID
Explanation: The three components that are merged to form a bridge ID room bridge priority, extended system ID, and MAC address.
6. Match the STP protocol through the exactly description. (Not all choices are used.)
7. In which 2 port says does a switch learn MAC addresses and procedure BPDUs in a PVST network? (Choose two.)
Explanation: Switches discover MAC addresses at the learning and forwarding harbor states. They obtain and process BPDUs in ~ the blocking, listening, learning, and forwarding port states.
8. If no leg priority is configured in PVST, i beg your pardon criteria is taken into consideration when electing the root bridge?
lowest MAC address*lowest IP addresshighest IP addresshighest MAC address
Explanation: Only one switch deserve to be the root bridge for a VLAN. The root leg is the switch with the shortest BID. The BID is established by priority and also the MAC address. If no priority is configured then every switches use the default priority and also the choice of the source bridge will certainly be based upon the lowest MAC address.
9. Enhance the spanning-tree feature with the protocol type. (Not all alternatives are used.)
10. Once the present spanning-tree vlan 33 command is authorize on a switch, 3 ports are presented in the forwarding state. In which 2 port roles could these interfaces role while in the forwarding state? (Choose two.)
Explanation: The role of each of the 3 ports will certainly be either designated harbor or root port. Harbor in the disabled state space administratively disabled. Port in the impede state are alternating ports.
11. What is the function of STP in a scalable network?
It to reduce the dimension of the failure domain to contain the impact of failures.It protects the sheet of the companies network from malicious activity.It combine multiple switch trunk links to act as one logical attach for boosted bandwidth.It disables redundant paths to remove Layer 2 loops.*
12. What is a characteristic of extending tree?
It is allowed by default top top Cisco switches.*It is provided to discover information about an nearby Cisco device.It has actually a TTL device that works at layer 2.It avoids propagation of great 2 broadcast frames.
13. Which covering tree traditional supports only one root bridge so that web traffic from every VLANs flows over the same path?
Explanation: MST is the Cisco implementation that MSTP, an IEEE conventional protocol that provides up come 16 instances that RSTP. PVST+ offers a separate 802.1D spanning-tree circumstances for every VLAN that is configured in the network. 802.1D is the initial STP standard identified by the IEEE and enables for only one root bridge for all VLANs. 802.1w, or RSTP, provides much faster convergence but still supplies only one STP circumstances for every VLANs.
14. What is the function of the extending Tree Protocol (STP)?
creates smaller sized collision domainsprevents routing loops on a routerprevents class 2 loops*allows Cisco gadgets to exchange routing table updatescreates smaller broadcast domains
15. What is the value supplied to determine which port on a non-root bridge will become a root harbor in a STP network?
the course cost*the highest MAC attend to of all the ports in the switchthe shortest MAC resolve of every the harbor in the switchthe VTP review number
16. Refer to the exhibit.
Which switch will be the root bridge after the election procedure is complete?
Explanation: The root bridge is identified by the lowest bridge ID, which is composed of the priority value and the MAC address. Due to the fact that the priority worths of all of the switches are identical, the MAC address is provided to recognize the root bridge. Because S2 has actually the shortest MAC address, S2 becomes the source bridge.
17. What room two limit to transforming spanning tree off and also having multiple routes through the layer 2 move network? (Choose two.)
The MAC resolve table i do not care unstable.*The move acts choose a hub.Port security becomes unstable.Broadcast frames space transmitted indefinitely.*Port protection shuts down all of the ports that have actually attached devices.
Explanation: Spanning tree need to never be disabled. Without it, the MAC attend to table i do not care unstable, broadcast storms can render network clients and the switches unusable, and also multiple duplicates of unicast frames deserve to be ceded to the end devices.
18. A tiny company network has actually six interconnected layer 2 switches. At this time all switches space using the default bridge priority value. Which value deserve to be offered to configure the leg priority of one of the switches come ensure the it i do not care the root bridge in this design?
Explanation: The default leg priority value for every Cisco switches is 32768. The selection is 0 to 61440 in increments of 4096. Thus, the worths 1 and also 34816 room invalid. Configuring one switch through the reduced value the 28672 (and leaving the leg priority value of all various other switches unchanged) will make the switch become the root bridge.
19. Refer to the exhibit.
The administrator do the efforts to produce an EtherChannel in between S1 and the other two switches via the regulates that space shown, however was unsuccessful. What is the problem?
Traffic cannot be sent out to two various switches v the exact same EtherChannel link.*Traffic can not be sent out to two different switches, yet only to 2 different devices like an EtherChannel-enabled server and a switch.Traffic can only be sent out to two various switches if EtherChannel is imposed on Gigabit Ethernet interfaces.Traffic deserve to only be sent to two various switches if EtherChannel is implemented on great 3 switches.
20. I m sorry statement is true about the usage of PAgP to create EtherChannels?
It requires complete duplex.It increases the number of ports that are participating in spanning tree.It requires an ext physical links than LACP does.It mandates the an even number of ports (2, 4, 6, etc.) be provided for aggregation.It is Cisco proprietary.*
Explanation: PAgP is provided to automatically aggregate multiple ports right into an EtherChannel bundle, but it only works between Cisco devices. LACP have the right to be provided for the same purpose between Cisco and non-Cisco devices. PAgP must have the exact same duplex setting at both ends and also can use 2 ports or more. The variety of ports counts on the switch platform or module. An EtherChannel aggregated link is viewed as one port by the spanning-tree algorithm.
21. What room two demands to be able to configure one EtherChannel between two switches? (Choose two.)
All the interfaces should work in ~ the exact same speed.*All interfaces need to be assigned to different VLANs.Different permitted ranges that VLANs need to exist on every end.All the interfaces must be working in the very same duplex mode.*The interfaces that are associated need to it is in contiguous on the switch.
Explanation: All interfaces in the EtherChannel bundle must be assigned to the very same VLAN or be configured together a trunk. If the allowed selection of VLANs is no the same, the interfaces do not kind an EtherChannel also when set to auto or desirable mode.
22. Describe the exhibit.
On the basis of the output that is shown, what deserve to be determined about the EtherChannel bundle?
The EtherChannel bundle is down.Two Gigabit Ethernet ports are provided to type the EtherChannel.A Cisco proprietary protocol was supplied to negotiate the EtherChannel link.*The EtherChannel bundle is operation at both great 2 and Layer 3.
Explanation: Two protocols deserve to be provided to send negotiation frames that are supplied to shot to establish an EtherChannel link: PAgP and also LACP. PAgP is Cisco proprietary, and LACP adheres to the industry standard.
23. Which 2 parameters must enhance on the ports of two switches to produce a PAgP EtherChannel in between the switches? (Choose two.)
port IDPAgP modeMAC addressSpeed*VLAN information*
Explanation: For one EtherChannel to be created, the ports the are concerned on the two switches must complement in regards to the speed, duplex, and VLAN information. The PAgP mode must be compatible yet not have to equal. The port ID and also the MAC addresses carry out not need to match.
24. Refer to the exhibit.
A network administrator is configuring an EtherChannel link between two switches, SW1 and also SW2. I beg your pardon statement defines the impact after the commands are approve on SW1 and also SW2?
The EtherChannel is developed after SW2 initiates the attach request.The EtherChannel is created after SW1 initiates the connect request.The EtherChannel is established without negotiation.The EtherChannel fails to establish.*
25. Describe the exhibit.
A network administrator is configuring one EtherChannel link between two switches, SW1 and SW2. However, the EtherChannel attach fails to establish. What change in configuration would certainly correct the problem?
Configure SW2 EtherChannel mode to desirable.*Configure SW2 EtherChannel setting to on.Configure SW1 EtherChannel mode to on.Configure SW2 EtherChannel setting to auto.
Explanation: The EtherChannel setting must be compatible on every side because that the connect to work. The three modes from PAgP protocol room on, desirable, and also auto. The three modes from LACP protocol room on, active, and also passive. The compatible modes incorporate on-on, auto-desirable, desirable-desirable, active-passive, and active-active. Any kind of other combinations will not kind an EtherChannel link.
26. A network administrator configured one EtherChannel attach with 3 interfaces in between two switches. What is the an outcome if one of the 3 interfaces is down?
The continuing to be two interfaces continue to load balance traffic.*The staying two interfaces end up being separate links between the 2 switches.One interface becomes an energetic link for data traffic and the other becomes a back-up link.The EtherChannel fails.
Explanation: EtherChannel creates an aggregation the is seen as one reasonable link. It offers redundancy due to the fact that the in its entirety link is one reasonable connection. The loss of one physical attach within the channel does not create a readjust in the topology; the EtherChannel stays functional.
27. A network administrator is configuring one EtherChannel link between switches SW1 and also SW2 by making use of the command SW1(config-if-range)# channel-group 1 mode auto . Which command have to be used on SW2 to allow this EtherChannel?
SW2(config-if-range)# channel-group 1 setting passiveSW2(config-if-range)# channel-group 1 setting desirable*SW2(config-if-range)# channel-group 1 setting onSW2(config-if-range)# channel-group 1 mode active
Explanation: The possible combinations to establish an EtherChannel in between SW1 and also SW2 using LACP or PAgP space as follows:PAgPon onauto desirabledesirable desirableLACPon onactive activepassive activeThe EtherChannel setting chosen on every side the the EtherChannel have to be compatible in order to permit it.
28. Which modern technology is an open protocol standard that allows switches to immediately bundle physics ports into a single logical link?
Explanation: LACP, or link Aggregation control Protocol, is defined by IEEE 802.3ad and is an open up standard protocol. LACP permits switches to automatically bundle move ports into a solitary logical connect to boost bandwidth. PAgP, or port Aggregation Protocol, performs a comparable function, but it is a Cisco proprietary protocol. DTP is Dynamic Trunking Protocol and also is used to automatically and also dynamically build trunks in between switches. Multilink PPP is provided to load-balance PPP traffic throughout multiple serial interfaces.
29. What is a requirement to configure a trunking EtherChannel between two switches?
The allowed selection of VLANs should be the exact same on both switches.*The participating interfaces must be assigned the very same VLAN number top top both switches.The participating interfaces must be physically contiguous ~ above a switch.The participating interfaces should be top top the same module top top a switch.
Explanation: To permit a trunking EtherChannel successfully, the range of VLANs allowed on all the interfaces must match; otherwise, the EtherChannel can not be formed. The interfaces involved in an EtherChannel carry out not need to be physical contiguous, or on the very same module. Since the EtherChannel is a trunking one, participating interfaces room configured as trunk mode, not accessibility mode.
30. What are two advantages of using LACP? (Choose two.)
It enables directly associated switches come negotiate an EtherChannel link.*It eliminates the need for configuring stems interfaces as soon as deploying VLANs on lot of switches.It decreases the amount of configuration the is essential on a switch.It offers a simulated setting for testing link aggregation.It permits the use of multivendor devices.*LACP permits Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet interfaces to be combined within a single EtherChannel.
Explanation: The connect Aggregation regulate Protocol (LACP) allows directly linked multivendor switches come negotiate one EtherChannel link. LACP helps produce the EtherChannel link by detecting the construction of each side and making sure that they space compatible so the the EtherChannel connect can be enabled when needed.
31. A switch is configured to operation STP. What term defines a non-root port that is permitted to forward traffic on the network?
root portdesignated port*alternate portdisabled
32. What space two advantages of EtherChannel? (Choose two.)
Spanning Tree Protocol see the physical links in an EtherChannel together one logical connection.*Load balancing occurs in between links configured as various EtherChannels.Configuring the EtherChannel interface gives consistency in the construction of the physical links.*Spanning Tree Protocol guarantee redundancy by transitioning fail interfaces in one EtherChannel come a forwarding state.EtherChannel provides upgraded physical web links to administer increased bandwidth.
Explanation: EtherChannel construction of one logical user interface ensures configuration consistency throughout the physical links in the EtherChannel. The EtherChannel gives increased bandwidth using existing switch ports without requiring any type of upgrades to the physics interfaces. Load balancing approaches are implemented in between links the are component of the exact same Etherchannel. Since EtherChannel see the go together physical web links as one logical connection, extending tree recalculation is not required if among the bundled physical web links fail. If a physical user interface fails, STP cannot change the failed interface into a forwarding state.
33. Describe the exhibit.
What space the possible port duties for harbor A, B, C, and also D in this RSTP-enabled network?
alternate, designated, root, root*designated, alternate, root, rootalternate, root, designated, rootdesignated, root, alternate, root
Explanation: Because S1 is the source bridge, B is a designated port, and C and also D root ports. RSTP support a brand-new port type, alternating port in discarding state, that can be harbor A in this scenario.
34. Refer to the exhibit.
Which switching technology would enable each access layer switch link to be aggregated come provide much more bandwidth in between each great 2 switch and the layer 3 switch?
Explanation: PortFast is provided to alleviate the amount of time that a harbor spends going through the spanning-tree algorithm, so that devices can start sending data sooner. Trunking have the right to be applied in conjunction through EtherChannel, however trunking alone walk not accumulation switch links. HSRP is supplied to load-balance traffic across two various connections to Layer 3 devices for default gateway redundancy. HSRP go not aggregate links at one of two people Layer 2 or layer 3 as EtherChannel does.
35. Refer to the exhibit.
An administrator wants to type an EtherChannel between the 2 switches by using the harbor Aggregation Protocol. If move S1 is configured to it is in in auto mode, which setting should it is in configured top top S2 to form the EtherChannel?
Explanation: An EtherChannel will be formed via PAgP as soon as both switches are in on setting or when one of lock is in auto or desirable mode and the other is in preferable mode.
36. Open the PT Activity. Perform the jobs in the task instructions and then prize the question.
Which set of configuration regulates issued on SW1 will certainly successfully complete the EtherChannel link between SW1 and SW2?
interface GigabitEthernet0/1no shutdown
interface Port-channel 1no shutdown
interface GigabitEthernet0/2channel-group 2 setting desirable
interface GigabitEthernet0/1channel-group 1 setting desirable**
Explanation: Issuing the show running-configuration command ~ above SW1 reflects that interface GigabitEthernet0/1 is missing the channel-group 1 mode desirable command i m sorry will complete the EtherChannel configuration for interface GigabitEthernet0/1 and interface GigabitEthernet0/2.
37. A collection of switches is being linked in a LAN topology. I beg your pardon STP leg priority worth will make it the very least likely for the switch to it is in selected as the root?
38. In which two PVST+ port states are MAC addresses learned? (Choose two.)
Explanation: The 2 PVST+ harbor states during which MAC addresses are learned and populate the MAC address table space the learning and the forwarding states.
39. Which port role is assigned to the switch port that has the lowest cost to with the source bridge?
designated portdisabled portroot port*non-designated port
40. A move is configured to run STP. What term describes the switch port closest, in state of overall cost, come the source bridge
root port*designated portalternate portdisabled
42. A move is configured to run STP. What term describes a field used come specify a VLAN ID?
extended device ID*port IDbridge prioritybridge ID
43. A move is configured to operation STP. What term defines the reference point for all route calculations?
root bridge*root portdesignated portalternate port
44. A move is configured to operation STP. What term describes a ar that has actually a default value of 32,768 and also is the early deciding factor whenelecting a root bridge?
bridge priority*MAC Addressextended mechanism IDbridge ID
45. I beg your pardon statement explains an EtherChannel implementation?
EtherChannel operates only at layer 2.PAgP cannot be supplied in conjunction with EtherChannel.A trunked port can be part of one EtherChannel bundle.*EtherChannel have the right to support approximately a preferably of ten separate links.
46. Refer to the exhibit.
A network administrator issued the present etherchannel review command top top the move S1. What conclusion deserve to be drawn?
The EtherChannel is suspended.The EtherChannel is no functional.*The port aggregation protocol PAgP is misconfigured.FastEthernet ports Fa0/1, Fa0/2, and also Fa0/3 perform not sign up with the EtherChannel.
47. I m sorry statement explains a characteristic of EtherChannel?
It can incorporate up come a maximum of 4 physics links.It deserve to bundle mixed species of 100 Mb/s and 1Gb/s Ethernet links.It is composed of many parallel links in between a switch and a router.It is do by combining multiple physical web links that are seen as one link in between two switches.*
48. Which 2 channel team modes would ar an user interface in a negotiating state making use of PAgP? (Choose two.)
49. Which setting configuration setup would allow formation of one EtherChannel link in between switches SW1 and SW2 without sending out negotiation traffic?
SW1: onSW2: on**
SW1: desirableSW2: desirable
SW1: autoSW2: autotrunking enabled on both switches
SW1: autoSW2: autoPortFast permitted on both switches
SW1: passiveSW2: active
50. Refer to the exhibit.
An EtherChannel to be configured in between switches S1 and also S2, yet the interfaces perform not form an EtherChannel. What is the problem?
The interface port-channel number needs to be various on each switch.The switch ports were not configured with speed and duplex mode.The switch ports need to be configured as access ports v each port having a VLAN assigned.The EtherChannel was not configured v the exact same allowed selection of VLANs on each interface.*
51. When EtherChannel is configured, which mode will force an user interface into a port channel without trading aggregation protocol packets?
52. What space two load-balancing methods in the EtherChannel technology? (Choose two.)
combination of source port and also IP to location port and IPsource IP to location IP*source port to location portcombination of source MAC and IP to location MAC and also IPsource MAC to location MAC*
53. Which protocol offers up to 16 instances of RSTP, combines countless VLANs v the exact same physical and logical topology right into a typical RSTP instance, and provides support for PortFast, BPDU guard, BPDU filter, source guard, and also loop guard?
54. What is the outcome of a class 2 transfer storm?
Routers will certainly take end the forwarding the frames as switches come to be congested.New web traffic is discarded through the switch since it is can not to it is in processed.*CSMA/CD will cause each host to continue transmitting frames.ARP transfer requests are returned to the transmitting host.
See more: Training Tip With Clinton Anderson Tie Ring Training Aid, Clinton Anderson: Trouble
55. Which 2 network style features require Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) come ensure exactly network operation? (Choose two.)
static default routesimplementing VLANs come contain broadcastsredundant links in between Layer 2 switches*link-state dynamic routing that provides redundant routesremoving single points of failure v multiple great 2 switches*
56. A network administrator has configured one EtherChannel in between two switches that are connected via four trunk links. If the physical user interface for one of the trunk links changes to a under state, what happens to the EtherChannel?
Spanning Tree Protocol will change the failed physical interface into forwarding mode.Spanning Tree Protocol will certainly recalculate the staying trunk links.The EtherChannel will change to a down state.The EtherChannel will remain functional.*