1. The goal of value evaluation is to uncover ways of _______.A. I. Reducing the price of parts and also materialsB. II. Improving the performance of the product or serviceC. III. Incorporating multiple cultural values in global system designD. Both I and also IIIE. Both I and II
E. Both I and also II** In value analysis an attempt is made to alleviate the expense and/or enhance the power of the product.
You are watching: In the area of product and service design, the acronym cad refers to:
2. As soon as considering re-use issues for a given product, an essential factor come take right into account is that product"s _______.A. Honest impactB. ReliabilityC. DurabilityD. Style for assembly E. None of the above
3. Incorporating style for disassembly (DFD) principles in product architecture helps firms v ___________ design issues.A. LegalB. SocialC. Re-useD. Reverse design E. Re-engineering
4. Designing for recycling helps facilitate ______. A. Lessened legal liabilityB. Compliance through regulatory environmentsC. Boosted product reliabilityD. Lessened standardization prices E. No one of the above
B. Compliance through regulatory environments**Regulatory settings are increasingly concentrated on encouraging recycling.
5. One method to rise reliability is to: A. Improve component designB. Boost the number of service station C. Rise mean fix timeD. Increase the number of dependent contents E. No one of the above
6. One way to increase reliability is to:A. Eliminate back-up componentB. Boost preventive maintain proceduresC. Boost mean fix timeD. Boost the variety of independent contents E. None of the above
B. Boost preventive maintenance procedures**Preventative maintain leads to much longer intervals in between breakdowns.
7. I m sorry of the complying with is no a factor for redesigning a product or service? A. To alleviate labor or product costB. To boost the level the employee satisfactionC. To boost the level of client satisfactionD. Come attract and increase customer need E. To rise quality
B. To increase the level the employee satisfaction**A product or company redesign does no necessarily involve improving employee satisfaction.
8. A disadvantage of an international teams because that product design is that:A. Customers may have various needs in various countriesB. The product design may have increased marketability and utilityC. The diversity the an worldwide team may be a detrimentD. Ease of face to challenge meetings is missing since members room located everywhere E. Technology allows constant contact through team members
D. Ease of confront to challenge meetings is missing since members room located everywhere **If face to challenge interaction is required, an international design teams could not be a viable option.
9. Mobile phones have developed from tools intended to place and receive phone calls right into handheld multimedia communications devices, however in the eyes of part customers these new features make the phones much less desirable. This is an instance of _________.A. Robust designB. Climb featurismC. Sustainable designD. Quality duty deploymentE. Ingredient commonality
B. Rise featurism**Customer satisfaction isn"t strict dependent on the number of features a product offers.
10. One action that isn"t part of organization blueprinting is:A. Eliminate limits for the service and decide ~ above the level of interaction neededB. Identify and also determine the succession of customer and also service actions and also interactions C. Construct time approximates for each phase that the processD. Know the time variability involvedE. Determine potential fail points and develop a arrangement to minimization them
A. Eliminate borders for the service and also decide on the level of interaction needed**Defining limits is a vital part of organization blueprinting.
11. The research and also development task which starts after hopeful research results are obtainable and make the efforts to rotate these results into advantageous commercial applications is:A. An easy researchB. Applied researchC. DevelopmentD. RedesignE. Advertising research
C. Development**Development is the switch of applied research into valuable commercial applications.
12. The advantages of standardization incorporate which of the following? (I.) The chance to freeze architecture at a really early stage(II.) Fewer parts to deal with in inventory(III.) lessened training cost and time(IV.) purchasing is an ext routine A. I, IIB. I, IVC. I, II, IIID. II, III, IV E. I, II, III, IV
13. Assets or solutions with a high level of similarity of features and also components are called: A. GenericB. Copy-catC. Rip-offsD. Product familiesE. Product/service matrix
14. "Must have", "expected" and also "excitement" features are categories in the ____ model. A. Bi-polarB. KanoC. ParetoD. QualityE. Company Matrix
15. One feasible disadvantage the modular style is that: A. Replacement and also repair is an ext difficultB. Fail diagnosis is more complexC. Variety of configurations that modules decreasesD. Separation, personal, instance parts shed their identities E. Inventory troubles arise
C. Number of configurations of modules decreases**Modular design do have actually the impact of reduce variety.
16. In the area the product and service design, the acronym CAD refers to: A. Conceptually ideal designB. Computer system aided designC. Advertisement applications designD. Competitive advantage design E. Completely automated design
17. I m sorry of the adhering to statements around CAD is not true? A. It increases the performance of designers.B. That uses computer system graphics.C. It calls for a great data base.D. Some equipment permit design or cost analysis of propose designs. E. That is used effectively by all manufacturing companies.
18. Which one of the adhering to is not a element of effective product and also service design? A. Be mindful of what the rivals are doingB. Be conscious of what customers wantC. Understand what federal government regulations areD. Use computerized architecture techniquesE. Know what brand-new technologies are available
D. Use computerized architecture techniques**Computerized style techniques don"t necessarily bring about successful product and service design.
19. A software agency is weighing even if it is to release a new version that its software. The agency can go ahead and release the version now and correct flaws with subsequent patches or upgrades, or it have the right to wait until the brand-new version is sensibly bug-free. This is an instance of _____.A. Life-cycle analysisB. Worth analysisC. VaporwareD. Concurrent engineering E. Design for production
20. Principles for new or boosted designs deserve to come from: A. CustomersB. CompetitorsC. Study and breakthrough departmentsD. Production departments E. Every one of the above
21. The procedure of dismantling and inspecting a competitor"s brand-new or modification product because that the purpose of gleaning style ideas is called:A. Design by imitationB. Product analysisC. Reverse engineering D. BenchmarkingE. Disassembly
22. The ax ‘degrees of newness" is associated with: A. Average age of employeesB. Average size of time on the jobC. Total years of service experienceD. Degree of design changeE. Average age of the capital equipment
23. The ax ‘standardization" is closely associated with: A. CustomizationB. High costC. Much longer lead timesD. VarietyE. Interchangeability
24. Service design generally different from product architecture in i m sorry of the adhering to ways? A. Service architecture tends to focus on tangible factors.B. Over there is much less latitude in detecting and also correcting errors before delivery.C. Over there is a lesser necessity to be mindful of competitors" offerings.D. Over there is much less visibility come customers. E. There is no difference.
B. Over there is less latitude in detecting and correcting errors prior to delivery.**Often service design flaws room not discovered until some customers have been served.
25. The structural method for integrating client requirements right into every facet of product breakthrough is known as:A. Full quality managementB. Customer satisfactionC. Quality duty deployment D. Client integrationE. A product advancement team
C. Quality function deployment **Quality role Deployment brings the voice of the customer right into the product development process.
26. I beg your pardon of the adhering to is an concern that developers must take right into account in product and also service design? A. Legal, environmental, and ethical issuesB. ReliabilityC. StandardizationD. Variety of operating conditions E. All of the above
27. One of these is not a properties of a well-designed organization system: A. User friendlyB. RobustC. Distributed computer networksD. Cost effective E. Easy to sustain
C. Distributed computer system networks**Well-designed company systems tend to it is in user friendly, robust, cost-effective and also easy to sustain.
28. A formal way to paper customer needs is: A. Consumer surveysB. Quality duty deployment (QFD)C. Focus groupsD. Delphi techniqueE. Sales/marketing matrix
29. I m sorry of the following is not true around re-manufacturing?A. Re-manufactured assets can be sold at lower cost.B. The process requires largely unskilled and semiskilled workers.C. Over there is less depletion of organic resources.D. That produces high quality products easily.E. Re-manufacturing is mainly lugged out by small and mid-sized companies.
D. It produces high quality assets easily.**Re-manufacturing deserve to be a very daunting and costly process.
See more: San Jose Sharks Vs Penguins Live Stream And H2H Results, Tv And Audio Broadcast Information
30. I beg your pardon of the complying with is not among the phases the product design and development? A. Point out product specificationsB. Conduct market testC. Specify process specificationsD. Conduct style reviewE. Performance applied research
E. Performance used research**Product design and advancement begins after used research has been done.
brickandmortarphilly.com is a web and mobile study platform the helps you find out things faster. Our mission is to create a smarter people by simple and accelerating the discovering process.© 2021 Bold learning Solutions. Terms and also Conditions